Friday, September 16, 2011

Pearl Jam: Hamilton, 15-7- 2011, Copps Coliseum

SIGH. The last show. Would be more sad if I wasn't SO DAMN EXCITED that we have SICK SEATS!!!!!!!! ROW 7, STAGE LEFT BABY!!!

Almost Montreal... But better.

Before I continue, I would like to thank the fellow Ten Club member that allowed us to see such an awesome show. He posted the tickets on the site and Hubby was at the right place at the right time. We gave our other tickets to my lil college aged sister-in-law, and so we ALL got to see the BEST show out of the four I saw.

Set One
Side Notes: Given to Fly is always a fab opener but my favs from this block is definitely the Severed Hand/Corduroy combo: Vedder opening solos at their best!! Went wild during Cropduster and Push Me, Pull Me was an amazing surprise... I felt like we were at a poetry reading! I was impressed Ed remembered all the words!!

Encore One
Side Notes: Nothingman to open the first Encore is almost tear inducing. Before rare cover 'I Remember You', Ed told shared the personal story about being in the room as Johnny Ramone passed onto the next life. He recalled looking over at his sleeping daughter and seeing Johnny and letting God know that he 'get's it'. This Encore was one to remember, ending with one of my Top Tens, Porch.

Encore Two
Side Notes: Brain of J played as a special request to fans holding a bed sheet to the right of us. Eddie commented that it was one of the only signs he could read, (although I could see "Smile", "Better Man" and "Eddie join us for drinks at the Pink Flamingo"). What a treat! Hearing Crazy Mary was fun although not as special as the first time around. Alive and Ledbetter to close, what a classic night.

Eddie was really feeling the crowd tonight and kept telling us so. At one point he stepped forward, off the stage and -- with the help of the security guards -- onto the front row barrier. Not a crowd surfing/set climbing antic from his early days, but certainly very cool to see the fans that got to reach out!!

I told my husband that I likened this show to a sexual experience: All senses satisfied.

Then I said I was gonna book us a couple flights to Brazil...

Neither comment amused him.

** I do not own these photos. A shame tho, they're AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment